PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Singaporean self-sponsored CPL holders - where are you?
Old 26th Oct 2008, 11:11
phrixus29

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ljjthegreat

I am not an expert on this topic but i can definitely say that a JAA license was way in demand than an FAA license or any other ICAO license for that matter, but that has recently changed in Singapore in particular where CAAS has decided to recognise both and other ICAO licenses as well.

Reason:
Companies know the in depth theoretical knowledge the pilot has acquired.JAA licenses are very pro theoretical knowledge.Asian countries in particular have their training modules outlined according to the JAA licensing system.Similar to our O'Level and A levels..we have very European standards, and not American standards.

An American pilot can fly as well as a European Pilot,but the only difference is the detailed theoretical study which many asian airline companies always preferred.

Even the latest trend these days of doing your flight training under the MPL system is from Europe.

I won't say which is better or so,but if I had the dough to stash,I would have gone for the JAA program for sure without even thinking twice.