PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Globespan
Thread: Globespan
View Single Post
Old 26th Oct 2008, 10:01
Pontious

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PAYE- T's& C's could be tweaked with Critical Illness/ Health Insurance & Loss of Licence Cover but days off are cast in stone.

Contractors- Money could be improved a bit especially as a Contractors 'Remittance' is supposed to be slightly higher than PAYE levels as you have to sort out your own tax, NI, Medical/Health Ins, Pension etc.

Generally the B737 shags have hardish but stable rosters with limited scope for overseas ACMI operations, while the B757/B767 crews are being 'expected' to spend anywhere between 12 days & 2 months away from families in a continuous stint unless you're 'lucky' enough to bag a 1 weekly GLA-SFB 24hr stop-over. Summers for the B757/767 tend to be 'Bullets' to Canada/US with the continuing ACMI Mod contract & odd UK domestic positioner.

Like I've stated earlier, I've been around Ad Hoc Charter, Scheduled Charter, Scheduled Long/Ultra Long Haul in 23 years of flying & the happiest I've been is here. It's a good, personable company. Supportive, professional, approachable & practical Flight Op's management. Small, friendly almost family-like atmosphere. I won't be going anytime soon. Almost a complete turnaround since last year....

Last edited by Pontious; 26th Oct 2008 at 10:18.