PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Globespan
Thread: Globespan
View Single Post
Old 25th Oct 2008, 04:05
Afinehelmet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Abort,

To try and bring your thread back on topic.

The figures you see on PPJN are correct and current. If you're a PAYE guy then the £2.10 duty pay is tax free and applicable from the moment you check in until you're duty period ends. What's published on PPJN is pretty much what you get.

For a Contractor, obviously things are not the same but Wynnwith and Zenon are the agencies that GSM deal with, so that's where you will get your information.

As for the company, don't get me wrong, GSM is not BA. But, the planes are decent and the routes are OK. If you're a Capt on the 737 fleet then your roster won't be as stable as you'd like. FO's on the 737 fleet have a stable roster. The 75/76, because it's short of flight deck crew is under the cosh at the minute. But once the additional crew is employed, no doubt things will settle down.

The company culture itself is excellent. There have been many threads on here that have been "cut" because of GSM bashing and believe me, that "cut" is warranted. It's not a bad company to be a part of. The one criticism I have is there is sometimes a lack of effective communication from within and as a Capt (737) your roster is often changed. Having said that, your days off are set in stone, what changes is the sectors you fly on days you were going to be at work anyway.

There's far worse out there mate!