PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ban Kids on certain longhaul flights?
View Single Post
Old 24th Oct 2008, 21:00
FlyingConsultant

Location: U.S. East Cost and Europe (travelling too much, and at home in both)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Now Rant:

I have three kids, and they all have flown every year of their life East Coast to Europe. I have had to yell at them for kicking the front seat (and it worked), and I had them screaming (because I yelled at them for kicking the front seat, because they were to small to look out of the window with the seat belt on, because they were small and the ear thing hurts, etc). After their 3rd year, they all knew how this works and no problemo any more. It also helps that the airlines I fly now have video screens in economy most of the time. So I do not understand parents who do not have their 5 year old under enough control (for a given level of "enough" - these are NOT cats that are happy to sleep in one place). I am a parent but you, lady with the kid throwing food across the aisle, have an annoying beast that you need to tame asap.

But I also don't understand passengers who protest when a baby screams here and there. You put a lot of people in a room, that's what happens. Do you think I want my kid to scream because his ear hurts? It's not that we poke them so they ruin your day/night, you know. If you want to have your own personal space, rent your own plane. I understand you are upset about the kicking, and that's inexcusable, and I have said so to kids and parents behind my row. But a baby screaming, come on - buy ear plugs!