PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's it like when the airline industry is booming?
Old 24th Oct 2008, 12:51
Prophead

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you have another means of incoming and can afford to pay for the training then there really is no need to slow down. If you are 20 years old with no other career to fall back on and thinking of getting a loan to fund your training then STOP FOR GOODNESS SAKE!!.

If you dont mind paying to keep current for a while then just get on and finish your training. You may even be able to negotiate some good deals with the training organisations. Im modular and will be continuing training even though i think the financial situation is going to be very bad. Im not borrowing to pay for my training and am still working and paying as i go. The $/£ rate at the moment means its cheaper to do the hours on a shared aircraft in the UK for me. There are lots of cheap shares about due to the Credit crunch etc.

The worst case is that i end up paying to keep current. Well Ill do more hours in my day job and do just that. At least when there are jobs around im ready to apply.