PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ban Kids on certain longhaul flights?
View Single Post
Old 24th Oct 2008, 10:46
G-BPED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Coquelet
When you see that one cannot even keep a cat in the cabin - a cat, who is an animal that is always quiet, silent and gentle ...
Why not put the children apart, in a pressurized hold, for instance. I bet quite a few parents would be glad to be rid of them fot the trip duration ...

Why pressurize it, save money on the (lack of) air from the packs

I jest (or do I)!

The problem stems from the parents, they are the reason the child runs riot around the cabin/kicks seats etc. Our society today is really broken in many ways.

There is no proper discipline anymore as anything more than a mild telling off is considered assault by our wonderous law makers in HMG.

However, not all kids are bad. I recently travelled LHR-YVR in 1st on BA.

Sitting there in the relative peace and calm and 2 adults and their 4 children (from 4 yrs up to about 14) enter the cabin.

I have never ever witnessed such well behaved children. Every one of them had perfect manners. The cabin crew were always answered by "Please may I have" or "Thank you" The youngest even took her empty food plates out to the galley.

Of course they were Canadian!!!!

As for the OP subject on banning children from flights, I dont think that has a chance of happening but, I do have sympathy with being locked in a confined space of an aircraft with misbehaving children whos parents could not give a toss.

Regards,

G-BPED