PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Seniority!!!
Thread: Seniority!!!
View Single Post
Old 23rd Oct 2008, 09:00
B737NG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seniority

.....and Pilots are very good in shooting themselves in both Foot at the same time. The Seniority is from yesterday and if there is no competition there is no effort. Why should a good F/O not get the upgrade earlier if he is ready for command instead of waiting down the line until it is his turn? He is watching Guy´s who scare the sh*t out of everybody when they fly and they "occupy" a left seat..... Performance should be a larger part then seniority.

If a Airline is in need of Pilots then hire what they need, FR could not find enough suitable F/O´s on the bottom of the list in 1999 so they hired Captains directly. In LH the seniority system is so complicated as the Germans can be: With bypassing and bypass salary, sidetracks and more gimmicks. If I would run a Airline I would look for joining date and performance, naturaly first come first serve. If the Pilots play it funny I understand that some Managers pulling theire Hairs off. If you cannot run the schedule or expansion then all Jobs are in danger and then you can praise your seniority list when all Job´s are gone and the Company folded at the end. See the 49érs at CX, diffrent case but where are they now?? Or CO released once alot of Pilots when they where on strike and what was the seniority list worth?

It could be a guidline but not the Bible and stone tracking.... Times changed.

Fly safe and land happy, that is not restricted by seniority !!!

NG