PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QA....Bravo...
Thread: QA....Bravo...
View Single Post
Old 22nd Oct 2008, 11:45
P.Clostermann

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have to agree with JJ on that one.

Most of these so called DEC that came in lately do not deserve even to have a licence to fly a C152 in a local VFR circuit!

Knowledge and skill are below ANY level, but yet the company hired them because by luck these poor bastards got a P1 rating in their last company!

I hear the stories on a day to day bases from the FOs I am flying with, and I have to say I am ashamed in their place!

One FO got his ass kicked because he wanted to use a high speed exit while doing 40kts. The CApt he was flying with demanded that he slowed down to 10kts on the RWY before he exited!
Mind you, this was in LHR where there is a strict minimum rwy occupancy time policy!

Another one wanted to deice because tmep was below 5C on a clear day! They where the only ones requesting de-icing and where the laughing stock of the airport, but still the so called captain insisted!

A friend of mine on the A320 told me he went to ALY and the Capt wanted to do F3 ldg with AB low. RWY is 2200m long!!! And he even increased VApp by 5 kts for a softer landing! It took the FO 10 min to convince him that this was not a good idea!

The stories are scary!

STUPIDITY REIGNS!