PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Forced landing in sea.
View Single Post
Old 21st Oct 2008, 15:18
Chuck Ellsworth

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sn3guppy, I no longer do any training because I decided to retire when I turned 70 three years ago.

Also I never had a Twin Bee but my first airplane ride was in a Sea Bee in 1947 and I flew one for four years in the fifties.

I still have a couple of web sites because I turned my training for sea planes over to Wings Over Holland when I retired and the guys there are now looking after any PBY flying that may come up as well as flying the Dutch Cat out of The Aviodrome in Lelydstad.

PBY Flight Training - Chuck Ellsworth / Wings Over Holland

I have no idea how many thousands of hours I have on sea planes or even how many different ones I flew, but it was an interesting career and we got to see most of the world at a very slow speed.

My favorite flying in order was.

(1) Movie industry.

(2) Aerial application.

(3) Fire suppression.

The worst was flying in the air show circuit and single pilot IFR courier flying in piston engine airplanes.

I started in the Biplane era and got as far as working with Airbus Industries and got to play with their video game in Toulouse France, which of course is not really flying.

Right now I am assembling a new set of amphibious floats for a new Husky we are using for a new business venture.

Like you I do both flying and mechanical work on airplanes, I kind of prefer the fixing over flying because it requires far more knowledge and work but the satisfaction of doing it is a reward in its self.......salvage work in the high arctic and in the desert was low on the nice to do scale though.