PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Growing Evidence That The Upturn Is Upon Us
Old 21st Oct 2008, 11:29
JohnRayner

Location: Just a bit lower than the point where the falling angel meets the rising ape
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Really?

It's like a dietician giving a child a lot of sweets and then blaming the child when their teeth rot...
Except the child conceivably might not be able to understand that lots of sweets= tooth rot.

Whereas an adult should be able to assess their own money needs, and their ability to afford any debt they take on.

The "no-one told me I was going to get into trouble if I did this" legion (and in GB circa 2008 they ARE legion!) really get on my pecs, pardon my french.

Just like that couple on the debt re-structuring loan ads (strangely absent right now!) bimbling round their big house playing with their expensive toys while negotiating their subsequent penury over the phone with nice guy from loansdirect who "really just wants to help" and "talks to us like we're grown ups..."

AAAAARRRRGHHH!

Incompetence, greed and stupidity on ALL fronts methinks, coupled with a FSA that has freely admitted to being asleep at the wheel during the build-up to all this.

Apportioning blame at this point is certainly satisfying, but ultimately pointless. The wave is upon us, there seems to be no way out, all that remains is to batten down the hatches, tie ourselves to the mast and hope that when the storm dies our respective boats are still afloat. Don't forget to apply life jackets to the ones you love!

To extend the mettyfor a little further, now might not be the time to unfurl all sails and set out for a distant shining shore, as you will almost certainly be dismasted in the process, founder, and sink to the bottom of the briny deep.

See what I did there? Well, I thought it was good..

I think we really are heading for times where it isn't unreasonable to wish everyone good luck for the financial future.

Regards

JR.

p.s. While having little sympathy those who have paddled themselves up sh!t creek then set fire to the paddle all in the name of having the next number plate or foreign holiday nownowNOW, my heart goes out to those who got themselves into debt to pay for those luxuries such as, ermmm, food.

Just enough money and pride not to be dole queue dossers, but not enough to buffer themselves against what is to come. Poor sods.

pps. That loansdirect ad REALLY used to get on my nerves.