PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Singaporean self-sponsored CPL holders - where are you?
Old 21st Oct 2008, 07:31
phrixus29

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi guys,

I will highly agree with Sonic69 with regards to getting 1500 hours in 2 years...BUT this is only possible in the US,specifically in FLORIDA,where there is sunshine and you complete your full course in 7 mths and I also read about flight duty times and the blah..This is where the catch is..Duty times ONLY come in when you are a LINE PILOT and not when you are an instructor..So if there are very lil instructors and a whole load of students in your school,you could even build 2000 hours (just a figure I am putting).So don't worry about duty times if you are a flight instructor..Build as much and no one will say anything...In Canada,it is a NO-NO...weather is going to play against you..I can only speak about the North American Weather...

In flight training,there are 5 things thats gonna push your training schedule back and that's mainly, 1. Weather 2. Lack of Instructors 3. Lack of Aircrafts 4. Lack of Maintenance Personnel 5. Or simply bad management..

So if you guys can negate some of the bad factors listed above,you guys will be in the running to finish things off quick...

And Sonic69,you were saying you have a friend in Calgary who is a CFI of a flight school??I think you must be talking about "Uncle" Tay...lol..Small world, good friend of mine...we trained together and landed up in the same place together..

And about Sgrookie,you seem rather down with the fact that you can't find a job and all..As I have written previously,your first job is not going to come easy..but it will come with perseverance..Don't worry,give me till December,I will keep you guys rated pilots in the loop of a job opening flying a turbine aircraft..You just need to have 200 hours BUT the catch is you guys gotta leave your luxury lifestyles and hunt like a hunter..So when the time comes,I will inform you and I hope i don't get msgs asking me more abt the job and where the job is...I will tell you guys for sure but I won't put it out in public..I don't want some uncle from the west or Oceania to be reading and applying for jobs I wish the caucasians don't take..Sorry about that but I think its only fair...

Cheers Guys..