PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Singaporean self-sponsored CPL holders - where are you?
Old 21st Oct 2008, 06:11
HenC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Peace in the forum woohaa . But with all respect to sonic69, take ads with a pinch of salt. I'm not saying what you have said is untrue, just that taking into account weather, aircraft availability, no. of instructors, backlog etc, it wouldn't be so fast. Even phrixus29 said that weather was a major factor in Canada. In Msia, DCA says a CPL course takes 15 months but in reality, it takes 19-27 months, depending on which sch you're in becos of reasons as aforesaid. This happens in SFC too.

Nevertheless, we don't fight in the cockpit right, neither shd we here....self restraint is of utmost importance.

Just a word of advice for Yantz too (and others who are thinking of instructorship in msia). Try MFA, I think it would be a decent choice. Just that aviation among youngsters is now a crazy fashion in msia, long queues for every sch. Now they've got HMA, APFT, MFA, KLIFA, GGIFA, ITNS, IFAS and another one more in Terengganu come 2009. Imagine the no. of private cadets they churn out every year and not all will get into airlines. So what next? Instructorship will be their option. And when u finish at MFA, it will prob be 2010. So their protective DCA may very well leave u out of a job.

Pardon the wet blanket but this is my view...not sure if it makes sense to you.

So like sgrookie said, no aviation job is guaranteed...a lot depends on timing too. Do be prepared for jobs out of msia shd my forecast happen...