PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Maun 2008-2009 season
View Single Post
Old 20th Oct 2008, 20:44
Wayback

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
elipasquali:

"air botswana does not yet offer online bookings, if I show up and want to fly out the same day, is it going to cost me an arm and a leg?"

The website hasn't worked for 3 years now... don't think it will work in the near future either. This is Botswana. It will cost a lot because km for km Air Bots is one of the worlds most expensive carriers. They have a monopoly on the route. Expect to pay. I don't know the exact price - sorry. approx $450 return.

"Right now My logbook is completely Digital, will this be a problem? I can transfer it to a book, but i'd much prefer to print off a copy as I do in Canada when people need to see it"

I stand to be corrected but it won't be a bad idea to put it your hours into a logbook. This is Africa and the Bots DCA may not accept a computerised printout. Its too advanced!!
If you do put hours into a logbook, it will be a good idea to get some photocopies of the last 3 pages of it and get them stamped by police to say they are true copies of the original. (or notorised as you may say in Canada). This may be a handy thing to do with all your docs - passport, licence etc

Dont worry about the currency on the 206 too much. You have the hours on type and thats what counts.

bharatraghuvanshi:

You say you have been invited to an interview. I'm not trying to rain on your parade, but anyone that is interested in working in Maun will be told by the operators to come for an interview. They will not hire you unless you have been there face to face. The things they will ask you at Sefo are typical airline q's in terms of personal and they also give you a multiple choice tech exam to do. They will mark them and go through them with you in an interview, but by that stage they have a pretty good idea if they like you or not.

Pilots leaving Sefo (and other operators) are part of the mass exodus thats happens towards the end of every year. Its a natural movement.