PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Singaporean self-sponsored CPL holders - where are you?
Old 20th Oct 2008, 14:25
Sonic69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@sgrookie,
You asked me to substantiate my claim, and I did. Without rubbing your nose in it, I might add. And you reply with childish remarks.
Taking 1 year to do 250hrs is really time wasting (not to mention 2 years!). It can be done in 5-7 months in Canada and US, if you're willing to put in the work. A friend of mine (Singaporean) is CFI of a flying school in Calgary where he ROUTINELY trains student pilots to CPL in 4 months and with Instructor Rating in 7 months. We're not talking about the SQ way where you spend the first 6 months clearing the ATPL papers. That's the ass backwards way. That's the cheapest way for airlines to ensure they don't hire somebody that cannot attain command grade. Does it matter? Not if I were a cadet! If someone were paying for my training, I'll do it whatever way they tell me to. But if I were going to self sponsor, my goal would be to take the shortest amount of time to get to a point where I can start earning pay as a professional pilot.

@Yantz,
I think its best to email them direct for prices if you're truly interested. Best to get first hand info.

Last edited by Sonic69; 20th Oct 2008 at 14:39.