PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Seniority!!!
Thread: Seniority!!!
View Single Post
Old 20th Oct 2008, 12:21
Stingaling

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
suitcaseman

You views would not be out of place at a 3rd rate outfit in a banana republic.

Have you ever been the victim or your polices, of ignoring seniority? No didn't think so, or you would not be talking such rubbish, or you suffer from selective amnesia. Try being walked on and stepped over and see if you then crow the same tune.

"Seniority is fairly unique to aviation". Your views are not unique but it seems you are new to aviation and your man management skills may need looking at.

What the hell gives a person the right to leave a company at the top of the food chain and move into another company in the same position?* Anyone with any integrity would not do that. I have been offered positions in within companies after applying. At interview I have enquired as to the availability of 1st officers within their company, who could do the job if they were upgraded. One Chief pilot said to me, "what business is it of yours?" I said it is my business for 2 reasons. 1/ I have a conscience and refuse to "step on toes." 2/ If I am offered the job and I accept I have to work with the people whose jobs I am stealing.

I am in lower management now and will not tolerate any attempts at queue jumping. Also, I am aware that crews are the companies most valuable asset, apart from the aircraft. Happy personal are safer personal, more dedicated, therefore will stick around longer. People have very long memories.

When a seniority system is established, **** licking, **** sucking and grovelling in general are pointless exercises. That is something I wont and now don't have to endure.

Please don't get me started on nepotism.

* There is the exception, as to top management, when someone, exceptional, young and with new ideas are required. Anyone at the top of a seniority list in general, would probably be too old to be considered. if they were really smart, they would refuse the position.

Last edited by Stingaling; 20th Oct 2008 at 13:01.