PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VA - no more pilot group, we want pilots and CC together
Old 19th Oct 2008, 18:43
tested satis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jonny767

Don't worry, I too would not want to be on the same contract as the CC. But I also would not want my contract merged with anyones contract.
My main point is that the Flight Deck dont really seem to make any effort in understanding anybody else's job, but expect(demand) that EVERYBODY knows just how hard theirs is. I have been referred to as many things by flight deck and so have my staff(oily rag/if I wanted a real job in the airline I should have tried harder in school etc). How many Flight deck have bothered to find out about the qualifications reqd to sign out an Aircraft, about the diff between a Mechanic/Technician/Engineer??. I would want to know if I was going to accecpt somebodies word on the state of my aircraft!
I have many close Flight deck friends ( the more mature kind !) and they too are shocked at their colleagues actions and attitudes.
Just look back through this thread and view the comments about the CC and tell me that they are made by people who are mature ,responsible and Professional. The comments made are about people that work in the same Airline as these people, that cannot be viewed as the correct attitude towards fellow staff, even if you view their role as minor.

The main thing I seem to have a problem with is some of the FD attitude- Maybe I have just met a bad lot, If so then I stand corrected. But I may need some convincing!
Oh Yes- and when It comes to fixing an aircraft-only a type rated Licensed Engineer can deem the Aircraft Airworthy and sign the Tech Log to state that. Sorry -have to hold up our end!!