PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Work schedules at WIDEROE/NAS/SAS
View Single Post
Old 19th Oct 2008, 10:46
Guttn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is very hard to answer since there are just too many variables involved.
If you live at, or close to, your home base, then you can expect to have a few nights at home during your work period. How many? Don`t know. It depends on what your schedule says (dfferent every month). Otherwise... nightstops. If you`re commuting there is little chance of getting home during your week. But if you manage to do so, you spend a lot of that time flying to/from work, so a lot of people just stay put and relax until the next day
Working days are governed by JAA regultations on duty time, in addition to industrial agreements - as in any airline. Some flight leave early, some leave in the afternoon, and sometimes you`re on standby.
Commuting is a lifestyle, and if you want to do this then make sure your companion knows the real deal (I guess that`s why you`re asking in the first place, right?).
What work is like? Can`t speak for NAS/SAS since I`ve never flown for them, but flying the Dash, mainly shortfield, is a LOT of fun. Look forward to going to work every time

As I mentioned though, this is a very general question, so it`s also very difficult to give an exact answer. But to put it this way; you get your roster (always on time) and read through it. Some months are better than others for commuting.