PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CargoLion lost battle......
View Single Post
Old 9th Apr 2001, 13:08
Dark Skies

To all my friends at Cargo Lion,

I was so sad to get the news, You all know me as Kevin from Belfast.

I have to say that it was a pleasure to have met and worked with every one of you.

I have worked for many companies and Cargo Lion was by far the best ever.

They say that if you get on well with the people you work with it makes the job easier.

Well, The job was fantastic because of you guys!! Thank you each and every one of you, from Admin and Ops, Crewing and Maintenance and all the Pilots and Loadmasters.

The last 2 years for me have been a time that I will never forget.

I am sure we will all take away memories of the good times, Blue umbrellas in TFN, The pool at the Mencey and the comradeship of a true bunch of bloody good blokes.

I doubt I could make a 'Farewell Bash' in LUX, but I would like to wish every last one of you the best of luck in your coming endeavours, what ever they may be, may you all find true happiness.

Thank you everyone of you for making my life 'richer' in every way especially experience and friendship.

As way of a Goodbye to you all, those who know me will know that I was always reading books by Ernest Gann, when a friend of his died he wrote this about them....

You are standing on a shore..somewhere. And a ship before you spreads her white sails and sets out across the blue ocean. She is a beautiful ship, tall and strong in mast and spar.
You watch her until she hangs like a speck of white cloud, just where the sea and sky mingle with each other.
And someone at your side says ‘There , well she's gone'
But, gone where? She is just as strong as when she left your shore, just as strong and able.
Her diminished size is in you, not in her. And when someone says 'Well she's gone. There are other eyes watching her coming and ready to take up the glad shout, 'There she comes!

Good Luck to you all, May we will all meet up again very soon, I sincerely hope so!

Kevin