PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Low Flying at Public Events
View Single Post
Old 17th Oct 2008, 07:56
chook13!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TET
who is carried away and breaking the rules what is that statement based on? who are you to say they are? Its a little difficult to provide objective criticsm when one is not privy to the experience, situation on the day, mandate, mindset, pilots eye view etc. As I and others have said low level phot is common. Risk is managed if you want to remove risk totally don't fly. But its reasonably disrespectful i believe to suggest people are doing things they shouldn't or pushing boundries on their mandated duties when not in that seat doing that job under those conditions that machine, his eye balled escape route etc. Why comment at all?

Look at a round of world rally in the tv and see how there is always low level shots of cars- doesn't perhaps make it right but it certainly suggests that the task requires low level flight to obtain the desired images and once again it comes back to risk management the pilot and the company and casa of course in such a public domain to manage not people who write into web sites - the first three are there the last isn't.

Beautiful bits of evidence provided by others on the way piccies are not always as they seem but still you want to go on about it and mention gallahs etc? What gives - job no good or something?

regards
ps i'll hand in my licence tomorrow just in case i get carried away