PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qatar Airways losing instructors
View Single Post
Old 16th Oct 2008, 19:07
A330 man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clostermann

You are right, I assumed he is a captain, and you are right we need all the good F/Os plus all the good captains we can get.

In the case of 320 F/Os most of them are young and with minimum jet time, previously flying the RJ 200 family...etc, so it is OK for them to gain some experience before moving to the bigger types, and they were never blocked from moving forward once they gained the experience.

My comment was about experienced captains who previously flew DC-10 or 767 but when they applied as non type rated they were selected for the 320 and with the new transfer rules...they will be stuck on the 320 for a while.

Do you remember the TRE who was denied the 777 after 6 years on the 320?? Because he had no previous wide body time!
Yes exactly, he was the only Capt. to move to the 777 -so far- He was transferred only after he decided to leave the company.

My question is ... how many captains we have on the 320 who flew wide body types and still stuck on the 320?
I think it is unfair from QA to privilege the new joiners over the long serving personnel.

In all the major airlines, seniority means benefits, but not here.