PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Low Flying at Public Events
View Single Post
Old 16th Oct 2008, 12:03
topendtorque

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks CYHeli,
Seems everything has gotten a lot closer than during the Sydney Olympics where cameras held at the hover sometimes two miles and 1500' distant.

No doubt the ticks in all the boxes that 'squeaks' talks about would involve being able to satisfy all and sundry that suitable landing areas away from the patronage can be reached in case of the inevitable?

I did watch the race live for a short while and saw the moving shot of the same still. Thought to myself, why in damm do they need mustering pilots when cameras nowadays are so good.????? I do suppose that the gent was a mustering rated pilot?

NigelH, where have you been? Thought of you a while back.

Some turkey was looking for a big box to park his toy in. Me not knowing much about the locality geography of old blighty said nothing. But I thought, well jeessss maybe you might have bin able to accomadate someone snuggling in beside your three blader?

Hard to have a decent bloody argument when you're not around I must say.
But no I'm not a real tree hugger as some of my colleagues might laugh about when they remember me being severely admonished for something I am positve that I would never have done about forty years ago. Mainly because Piper Tripacers don't have inverted carbies and I would never really hurt the galahs that live in trees. If I get real frustrated I can get on my own big dozer and flatten any amount of bloody trees.

Anyway back to the main 'galahs in residence' in university PPRUNE. Or more to the point, chooks.

No maaate, one thing that contributes to accidents big time is that - onetime - when someone is carried away by the 'heat' of the moment and something happens just that second when you are dragging a big bucket of water over a human obstacle. Just like EMS flights that often went wrong. There is no excuse for breaking the rules and performing those missions other than as a perfectly routine 'by the book' excercise.

Get carried away, accidents happen.

Last edited by Senior Pilot; 16th Oct 2008 at 21:10. Reason: 407 stuff moved to the Kimberley thread