PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Impeach JF!!
Thread: Impeach JF!!
View Single Post
Old 16th Oct 2008, 11:18
Numero Crunchero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nigel744

His salary is based on SFO level so like many of us he has had one 3% payrise in 7 years. He also receives some housing, as a cash assistance(for tax purposes) - his remuneration was set up this way by the GC around 2000-2001 methinks, when your namesake was in charge.

Nigel 744, for your statement to be true implies JF is on a salary(package) of well over $200K per month. Most senior B scale CN earns around $106K plus housing allowance of $103K (nett of $8.2K contributions) HDP of around $7K per month, travel allowance of between $5-15K per month and Education allowance for say two kids at over $10K per month if in HKG and not in boarding school. (I have ignored training allowances and PF contributions - obviously JF does not get STC/BTC allowances like his B scale peers)

So the most senior B scale CN would be getting around $230-$240K in his 'package' - JF gets less than half that figure.

The most senior FO gets around $75K, $3-4K HDP, Education allowance of around $10K per month and housing at RFZ of around $65(?)K. So the SFO total package is around $150K per month.

So again, you will find JF falls way behind that.

Tell me, would you work for an organisation for over 16 years with your pay capped at SFO level? I guess we can asked the new joiners of the last couple of years, but at least they might get to command before two decades are done!

Still, never let the truth get in the way of a good mud slinging!