PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rex pilot shortage under control ?
View Single Post
Old 16th Oct 2008, 04:15
KRUSTY 34

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Gidday MAX'

Thanks for the patronage, I'm sure all at REX appreciate it. As for brand loyalty, my advice would be if you can find a better deal on the Rat' then that's fair enough. Problem is QFLink are also chronically short of Captains, but I think they tend to preserve the integrity of the non monopalised runs a little better than REX. JD in his latest letter to staff has stated that by years end REX will have a surplus of pilots! If that's true then we will see the reinstatement of the QLD operation, the restart of GTH-ML, and the shelving of plans to cancell the MIA-SYD service. Not only that, the current situation of up to 40 sectors uncrewed at the beginning of each weekend will be a thing of the past, and we will see no more cancellations when a pilot or pilots have the gall to call in sick, as there will be adequate reserves to cover them!

Or you could believe the truth.

mr flappy.

The ATOG proposal exempts taxiing as part of the plan to have ICUS logged from the RHS. Apparently the skills and short term decision making associated with that phase of flight is not considered of any command value! It is possible to conduct Take offs and Landings from Go to "Whoe" without nosewheel steering (and yes the SAAB does only have the tiller on the Captains side). It is an abnormal operation for which Captains receive specific training. As any sort of additional training (and expense) is to be avoided under the ATOG proposal, F/O's conducting ICUS under this scam are not permitted to taxy the Aircraft or in fact steer it on the ground at speeds below 80 knots!