PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Low Flying at Public Events
View Single Post
Old 15th Oct 2008, 08:28
chook13!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Without quoting the rules cause i cant remember them verbatim, but aren't you allowed to fly low level for when so endorsed, it is on the AOC and it is for a specific purpose. We do it firefighting all the time and we sure do fly over people (although try to avoid them) and structures and even the odd flame and smoke. I am sure Bathurst is very well risk assessed and I doubt whether it would occur if it were deemed unsafe by our dear Casa Friends (they are not happy until we aren't). Have you not seen the southern 80 or (all in the past now) rally australia or any other world rally around the planet- task get the piccies on the west cam - requires low level.

as the next posters mention photos lie, deceive (had a girlfriend like that once) maybe just give people a little benefit now and then (see your 407 true north comments)

PS: hope you don't come to Perth in summer and watch any helitacs having a go as next you'll have them trying to justify their existance because they'll need to drop from 1000ft + to keep you happy.