PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Growing Evidence That The Upturn Is Upon Us
Old 14th Oct 2008, 23:56
GasHog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi folks,

Just drifted into this thread by accident but makes very interesting reading indeed and I hope you wont mind me throwing my cap into the ring.

Firstly, it's extremely difficult for anyone to predict the future of any market, aviation included. Remember earleir in the year the most prominent analysts in the land were predicting "oil armageddon" with oil busting $200 a barrel. Well, it didn't happen and now there's a lot of chin rubbing and beard stroking going on and a flurry of revisions of previous forecasts to somewhere below $100 a unit. They get gazillions a year and the best they can do is be wildly out - heaven preserve us from these idiots and their predictions.

Similarly, be aware of the barrack room analysts on this forum, with predictions of doom and gloom and procrastinations of "I saw this coming" "yeeeap, told you so" blah 5% blah 15% yada yada.
Fact - history is a great teller of stories. Just look back at any market and you'll see that a cycle emerges. It's just the law of the jungle so to speak. Things will get better again, they always do and for those of you embarking on your journeys, keep your chins up and try to avoid getting drawn into the negativity. If I were in your position, I would view my training time as time away from the turmoil. Enjoy the experience and remember that every day passing is a move to better times. Don't create problems that don't exist - deal with them as they arise. If there aren't many jobs around at present but you're in the process of training toward your ticket, then you don't yet have a problem. What if? What if? Well, if me Aunty had boll**ks then she'd be me uncle.

Stay positive and focused, help each other. Put the word out when you hear someone's hiring or ordering airframes. Introduce positivity to the game. Don't be dragged down by the doom merchants and the media - remember, good news isn't good press and in many respects we get the media we deserve.
I'm left seat now for a prominent player in the loco market and having a ball but I have been where you are and if I had believed half the sh*t I heard as a fledgling, I wouldn't have got out of bed in the morning.

Pick your target, go for it and dont let anyone tell you otherwise. I hope to work with some of you soon and remember that 95.451% of all statistics are boll**k:s

Gashog

Group hug anyone?

Last edited by GasHog; 15th Oct 2008 at 00:08.