PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Singaporean self-sponsored CPL holders - where are you?
Old 14th Oct 2008, 15:56
lookahead

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Malaysian flight schools

I've decided to take up a CPL/IR + fATPL course in Malaysia and would like to have your informed opinions on the Malaysian flying schools.

Which of the schools are better organised?
Who has better flying and ground facilities?
Who have better reputations for good training and good pass rates?
What are their safety records?
How do you rate the quality of their instructors?

From reading their websites, it appears to me that MFA, HMA and APFT are the more established ones with better facilities, with HMA and APFT being more modern. What do you think?

In my previous enquiry with MFA, their waiting list for private students seem very long. What about HMA and APFT?

Of interest to me is also KLIFA, due to proximity with Singapore. How are they? I have an impression this school is still work in progress with facilities not quite on par with the others yet.

And GGIFA seems to have big plans with growing their school. Is it still very preliminary?

My goal after getting the CPL/IR is to take up a AFI course and subsequently hope to be employed as an instructor. The flying schools have a 150 hour PIC requirement for enrolling in their AFI course. Does the PIC hours within the 200 hours spent in CPL flight training count towards this 150 hour AFI course requirement?

Thanks a lot, your knowledge will help me a great deal in making the most suitable choice.