PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Tank Will Never Replace the Horse!
View Single Post
Old 8th Apr 2000, 01:10
Reg C Elley

Unhappy

SAG
It sounds to me that we're well rid of you!
The Corps has just about had it's fill of people with your attitude. It's time that those members of the Blue Beret Club realised that the only way forward is to put as much in as they expect to get out. The days of self serving individuals is over. I am by no means a pontificating kowtowing a*se licker, just someone who would like to see the Corps develop and evolve in this new era, the only way it can happen is if we all share a common purpose and yes, put in that extra effort. Surprisingly it does get noticed and also benefits the individual as well as those around us.
We've all seen on these pages about how little flying there is in units. Amazingly there are people who are flying all the hours God sends, for whose benefit? Not their own but those who they are training. Yes I am a QHI and yes I work my butt off trying to do the best I can to help those in my care. I don't get a penny more than my non-QHI contempories. But, at the end of the week I know that maybe, just maybe, I may have contributed to helping prevent some poor bug*er winding up in a heap of smoking wreckage.
That to me is a reasonable method of trying to improve the AAC.
If you want performance related pay join a f**cking trade union,or better still join the RAF or the FAA, not that they'd be remotely interested in someone with your attitude.
PS. I wonder why you're still unemployed, problems with the interviews!
PPS. You are right about one thing, leaving the AAC was the best thing you've ever done.