PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Tank Will Never Replace the Horse!
View Single Post
Old 23rd Mar 2000, 12:48
Swine Disease

Arrow

Sparecrew,

As I alluded to there are many things that we can learn from you guys.

EW is one of them (probably the major one), it is something that we are only just starting to worry about in any real form.

My life just does not consist of hiding behind trees and waiting for the baddies to go away. The ARP even with its limited equipment capabilities is an influential asset to the force commander if the crews are up to speed in what is required. If the ARP can integrate itself into the force commanders plan (working with Recce, Milan and the likes). Also it is a major player in the control of direct and indirect fire assets. This is what we do best (although not as well as we could….read Soldiers first posted yesterday). The details are quite a lot more than just hiding behind trees. The modern battlefield is not an easy place to work anymore due to its fluidity, what I was trying to say was that greater co-ordination between all concerned is required.

Bush Cat

You are right with what you say about us being behind the drag curve in respect to the AH. We at Sqn level should have started being given stuff to get our teeth into quite a while back. You are right it is going to be a major smack in the face.

Reg

I do understand them I was not saying that our crew duty time is the right one. What I was saying is that it is Barking that we have different rules.

Ref Ex on SPTA yes the SH were fully briefed but chose to do it their way L

I agree JHC is a major step in the right direction long may it continue J

As for having to ask for info on AH crap……..This information should be made readily available so that we can be best prepared for the imminent SMACK in the face. It is the AAC through and through the passage of information on many subjects is garbage unless it is things like IIP or health and safety. We have to fight to get info, and if people have info and want to present it they can’t because there is no IT equip to use. We are but playing at the moment and attitudes must change fast. One way is to supply the info so those who are interested in AH (more than will admit) can start the process from within of preparing for the wee beasties to arrive.