PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FlyBE - 5
Thread: FlyBE - 5
View Single Post
Old 13th Oct 2008, 19:29
Grizzle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Veulo

You do not 'have a posse of BE die hards here'.

You have some educated professionals trying to answer the questions raised in a manner which will allow the questioner to have an understanding of some issues not immediately obvious to them.

There is no excuse for poor customer service and most of us try to eliminate it where we can. To promise calls in the airport and make no effort to provide them is unacceptable - agreed. The only way to fix it is to make a factual complaint. Do so in writing to the Flybe Operations Manager or Flybe Pilot Base Manager of the airport concerned. There is nothing as irritating as no information although immediate, truthful information is not always available to the crew either.

As previously stated

Whilst we very much appreciate the business of our passengers, which pays our salaries, some we could be better off without.

I am 110% behind good customer service but can well do without those lacking manners - either crew member or passenger!
There are many rules and regulations for which we are not responsible but which with we must nevertheless comply. Just because a passenger doesn't know the big picture doesn't give them the right to be rude to the crew (or anybody else!)
albeit in an unconventional style
If it is your choice to be rude, it would be my choice for you to travel with somebody else. We are grateful for our passengers business because it pays our mortgages - but not at any cost.

Manners cost nothing (and the crews should remember this too). However, the crews are not aware of your various predicaments enroute to the aircraft and should not be verbally attacked because they are trapped inside an aluminium can and an easy target. If you are late, they are late too and only want to get you to your destination as safely and quickly as possible.

I will certainly apologise for the Flybe failings mentioned but would expect an acceptance of the need to respect the crew in return.

Last edited by Grizzle; 13th Oct 2008 at 19:40.