PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways another inflight smoke event!
Old 13th Oct 2008, 10:38
BlueRay

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what becomes increasingly worrying is how all the BA bunch come out defending a safety record only a third world operator would be proud.

I just spoke to a friend who wORKS at ba, admittedly he's unhappy there, but he did say this. BA have about 2yrs ago increased the intervals in their maintenance schedules, particularily on the 777. This means things like ife go longer without being looked at. They think it was introduced as a cost cutting measure.

Locked door- your incorrect about the ba IFE system being new, just the players are new, my friend at ba has reliably informed me. All the seat units are the same. You could be right about these systems not being maintained, hence the problem. And for a ba person to say anything on an aircraft has no maintenance plan shows your lack of knowledge. Oh one last thing i did laugh when you said as the system not made by ba your not responsible for it going wrong. You said the same thing about the bag system at terminal 5! Maybe when the aircraft goes wrong you can blame boeing or airbus!

Remember, fly british airways, the responsible airline. Anytime anything goes wrong, they're not responsible!

Could that explain these events? Could these events be the effect of this increased interval in maintenance checks?

Last edited by BlueRay; 13th Oct 2008 at 10:54.