PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways another inflight smoke event!
Old 13th Oct 2008, 10:11
yamaha

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think blueray has a point and a quick look elsewhere seems to support the notion that things possibly aren't quite right at BA.

Qantas have always maintained that they are incredibly safe and standards were second to none (just as BA do) until the recent incidents and now we have CASA stating that things could be better.

XL flew over an hour on one engine when the nearest airport was 20 minutes away. I raised the issue of xl, their financial stability and the fact that maintenance was available an hour away but not 20 minutes. Despite the outcry defending the crew, I rest my case. Too many companies have cut back too far. Those who praise BA and its ability to make money should take a look at the broader picture.

If they have made so much money, why so many cancelled flights, why so many lost bags and what else are they cutting. Profit yes, at any cost...NO

IF and I say IF there are issues you do nobody any favours by bleating on about journo's and claiming everything is OK. Let the issues come out, let BA deal with them.

Personally I suspect the truth in this case lies somewhere in the middle, just like Qantas. There are issues, they need addressing but otherwise everything is fine.