PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VB 737-900s
Thread: VB 737-900s
View Single Post
Old 13th Oct 2008, 07:39
airtags

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thanks for the intell wirgen - glad to hear
I was picking up on Howard's earlier posts re catering access while pax disembark - and a few of the posts in relation to the thread topic re VB's lease options on the 9's.

On record I actually support VB as an LCC and am a semi-regular occupant of those last minute seats down the back -however like with my own and other airlines, a few of the SOP's, attitudes and cultures are a worry. (Please don't feel its a VB hunt as Q has more than its share of questionable ones)

On topic however, I personally think the 9's are a commercially wise decision - provided they are adequetly crewed and equipped and operated under Australian standards. My position is that with any new a/c type acquisition, we all should not allow the regulatory or safety environments to be diluted (or in the case of some FAOC's) bypassed without protest.

Realities suggest that all operators will look to a new a/c as an opportunity to start messing about with T&C's - cutting corners (such as making a CC member operate two doors) and time/cost rationalisation. Let's hope that this will not be the case with 9's.