PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VB 737-900s
Thread: VB 737-900s
View Single Post
Old 13th Oct 2008, 06:33
Little_Red_Hat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
no justifiable reason to reduce primary door exits by 50%
forgive me but I thought in addition to unforseen occurences, this was the reason evac procedures are required to demonstrate 90 sec or less full evac of all pax with 50% exits rendered unusable.

Whether that is because of fire, or smoke, or obstruction (said obstruction could reasonably be, a catering truck, or the fact a fuel truck or baggage tug is parked where the slide would land.)

Just a thought. I don't like to see it myself (catering via both fwd & rear doors that is) but as crew that is what we are taught to do, take into account those things, I know I've stood many a time thinking, okay, if the crap hits the fan right now we send them out the other side, or get the overwings done, or tell the truck to get the heck away asap... i assume it's in their procedures as well if they see slides coming, get the eff away!!

Sorry I digress but just wanted to point out even with 50% of exits gone it should be able to be done anyway.... and yes, i know that 50% of those half could be unusable anyway.... let's not go there, just asking for it!!
We don't live in an ideal world, as much as many of us would like to.