PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - True North 407 down in the Kimberleys
View Single Post
Old 13th Oct 2008, 05:23
CYHeli

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree with you chook, hence the reason that I posted about "how does a turbine get tired?" This was tongue in cheek. TET's suggestion, unless I am reading it wrong, was at some stage, someone over did a limit.
The point I was making, which really didn't matter, was that first TET had a go at the driver (not being a local), and then had a go at the a/c (it had a bad reprutation).
I have trusted TET's posts prior to this and I think he may have had a bad day himself or was just venting. I don't, or ever have, worked with the man, but he does seem to have his finger on the pulse.
We pilots are an impatient bunch and when something goes wrong (prang) we want to know what happened. Partly out of morbid curiousity and partly out of learning from it. There would be a few finger pointers who would say "I'd never do that!" with plenty of chest beating without really knowing just what went wrong.
Well done to those involved. The a/c didn't have every seat filled, so it looks like wgt was considered. There is a photo of a float inflated, so I hope the pilot got them off, but it just didn't hold.
And most importantly, everyone got out and those that needed help once outside, got it straight away!

Thread creep: - Aviation will be a very expensive place if everything was an IFR twin. There are calls for twin IFR for EMS, MPT, these marine based charter ops... TET will be calling for a twin for mustering soon.
Just because the flight takes the pax overwater, doesn't mean that they need to be in a twin.