PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Piaggio Avante...!!??
View Single Post
Old 11th Oct 2008, 17:22
Lookforshooter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh Guppy, here we go again..Avantair is a fractional ownership program, for the idiots that don't know the difference, you buy a PIECE of the plane, split up between so many planes, that the owner thinks he's getting a deal. Anyone flying more then a couple of hundred hours a year, starts looking for thier own plane. And again, when THEY have to spend 5-7 million, by themselves, versus a 1/20th share or whatever...then they will get educated really quick on the concept 'bang for the buck'. As far a return on your investment in a Piaggio, I can tell you this with some certainty...if you walk up to a biz owner and tell him your going to spend 6 million on a turboprop instead of that 2 million on a jet...well...your going to have to do some 'Enron Accounting' to get that one over. Point 2: On a Conquest I, PT6, there are oil return lines from the governer. Hard aluminum lines, that where they juncture, literaly have tiny little O rings. Look it up. When they fail, you dump oil. The fact is, I just have to keep in mind, this is an internet forum...literly I could be arguing with 14 years with Dad's library of aviation books. That said, Peace, No biggy. PM me if you dare and we can actualy do this over the phone. With regard to banning people...it's clear Guppy, that you feel the need to make this forum your personal area to pontificate about your credentials and experience. Your days of running to the moderator every time someone argues with you are over. Clearly. Get used to it. One another note...when presented with a question...I, like you, could go to my library, cut and paste in some marvelous snippet of info to dazzle the newbies with, but I would rather bring some experience to table, then some robotic answer that does little to help those actualy flying in the real world, under real conditions. So why do we argue incessently? I have nothing to prove, really, I don't. My credentials and experience are pretty solid, and I have spent plenty of time at the FBOs, Flightsafety, Simuflite, ect, slamming down people in person, that say stupid stuff. I feel the charlatans and dillatantes are killing aviation, and people. I find that when someone says something that sounds irrational but cloaked in just enough BS to make it palatable, this is a good place to correct that mistake. My argument isn't with you, I could give a rip...I am thinking of the thousands of lurkers that are reading these forums, forumulating opinions on aviation and thier practices. The fact is, it's about exposure and education, transparancy and accountability. Your more concerned about making buddies here and selling your reputation as some type of aviation authority, that I think your forget what your actualy talking about. I am trying to correct that mistake. Call it a very, very, part time, 5 minute a day hobby.

Last edited by Lookforshooter; 11th Oct 2008 at 17:42.