PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ormond Beach.
Thread: Ormond Beach.
View Single Post
Old 11th Oct 2008, 16:51
ulsterflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Been there done that

I finished my PPL at OBA on 18th Sept. I got my PPL and night rating in 3 weeks and all for under £5k. It's tough going getting all the written exams and flight training finished in that time especially as I didn't get a chance to study before I went out there.
Overall I was very satisfied with my training and felt I got good value for money. I went there to get a PPL at minimum cost and in minimum time and that's what I got. I trained on the Piper PA-28 which I really enjoyed flying and there was no problem regarding availability. The instructors
are helpful and they make every effort to get you through your training within your timescale.
My advice to prospective students would be study before you go, be prepared to work hard when you are there and know exactly what you are paying for when you make the up front payment. Other pointers would be keep an eye on your dual time as you'll get charged should you exceed the dual hours specified in your package and don't pay for a transfer back to the airport - it's just not worth it!
It is an intensive course which will not suit everyone as different people learn at different rates but like Ogie, my experience of OBA is a positive one.