PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Non-Commissioned Nimrod Air Electronics Officers (II)
Old 11th Oct 2008, 00:41
Not Long Here

Received 18 Likes on 5 Posts
Hugh,

I remember about ten years ago we went through the same iteration where selected Masters flew as AEO. At the time it was an expediency measure which faded away fairly rapidly.

From what you are saying it seems that this new "initiative" looks fairly permanent.

Looks like the policy, when everyone went WSO/Op, has now come back to bite. I was always a supporter of getting the most capable guy in the Tac seat, but the implementation for the knockers took away opportunities rather than creating more.

Yet again, the air force missed out due to the blinkered views of a few senior officer navs.

And be advised I am a Nav with just a few hours as Nav Captain but too many knockers were ignored for some of the dross we got as Nav 2's and too many idiots were commissioned as AEOs because of their officer qualities! rather than their potential to contribute to the Tac Team.

Charlie L,

Hopefully meet up for a beer soon in the VPI bar (again), should be coming out to do some planning for a trial.

Regards to all in Maritime (wherever you are)