PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why I am encouraged
View Single Post
Old 10th Oct 2008, 22:06
jnvivier

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok so maybe i was a bit harsh! And I should put my points into context by addressing issues bought up here.

-First of all I was aiming my gripe at those young pilots who have the option but would rather whine about jet jobs, if you got into flying with a mortgage and family then you are a braver man than i am!
-I didn't quite realise that there was no GA as such in europe.
-Crop dusting is ag flying, a completely unique and skillfull speciality altogether for those more carefree about job survival. Banner towing is usually a one off job, not exactly full time work there! Unless that is what you like. GA covers a lot of different flying.
-Flying tourists in botswana isn't dangerous, otherwise tourists wouldn't pay $600 a night to stay in lodges that you can only reach by air. Also some guys seem to think I mean this as a long term career option, but really all you do is work at these places for 2 years, get 1800 hours then getting into a jet job is a lot easier.
-I do not think jet jobs are boring!! I just want to work for mine. Its about life experience
-Job security etc in jets? That must be another thing that is different in Europe!