PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Piaggio Avante...!!??
View Single Post
Old 9th Oct 2008, 21:09
Lookforshooter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I already qualified the fuel argument between a Citation and Piaggio...the $4+ million saved buys alot of jet fuel...that said ISA +20...do you think the Piaggio will out perform a jet.....really...a turboprop will do better...then what? A ragged out Citation 1SP...?? The last one I flew trued at 357 kts at 29000ft, warm day...cost about 900k...less now given the ecomony. So at a 1000 lbs an hour fuel burn vs say 500 lbs/hr = $416 hr fuel savings in the turboprop ...at 200 hours a year...that's a fuel savings of $83000 over the year.. Now I have my $4 million dollars cash, you got your $83000...my $4 mil at 5% interest is $200,000 a year..let's recap for the folks out there...I fly a jet..have $4 million cash saved by buying this jet vs the Piaggio...I make $200,000 cash a year in interest...trumping the fuel savings in a turboprop...I have a jet that I can sell in minute...you got a 5 million dollar piece of italian art hanging around your neck, that nobody is really wants......no sir, it's pretty clear that you don't have a clue.