PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JetBlue FA Arrested For Sexually Harrasing Pax
Old 9th Oct 2008, 20:19
ONTPax

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ONTpax, you must be a monkey then!!
Truth be known, this is more or less just a hobby for me. However, if you'd like to add me to your payroll, I wouldn't mind. How are the benefits? Will I get free or reduced rate travel? Do you have a good medical and dental plan? And I'm sure, being the upright and honourable organization that it is, PPRuNe would compensate me to a point where I wouldn't be categorized as a monkey!

In all seriousness, though, would there be anyone here in agreement with me that, as the job of a flight attendant has "morphed" over the decades, and as wages have somewhat stagnated, isn't there a different candidate at the HR department that looks at the job a little differently?

For example, back in the 1950s and 60s, people would hire on at such "legacy" carriers as BOAC and Pan Am with an eye toward making it a lifelong career. Today, we have discount carriers like RyanAir, JetBlue and SkyBus (defunct here in the U.S.) where, don't you feel, some people hire on as a FA with the feeling that it will make a good "transitional" job until something better comes along that pays more?

Maybe the misguided dude who was sexually harassing the passenger had the attitude of "So what if I get fired for this. I'm not too impressed with this job and the corresponding pay anyway."

Hopefully, no offense taken by any readers. Just a few thoughts advanced for further discussion.

ONTPax