PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAA and IFR sharing Class G
View Single Post
Old 9th Oct 2008, 05:43
PlankBlender

Angry Xinhua2, Get Help!

If it is IMC there is no VFR traffic.

Jeeze, you still don't get it, do you? Ever heard of a could base? IMC is the meteorological condition at the point where YOU are, not where SOMEONE ELSE is

I'll give it to you in very simple terms:

Cloud base at class G YABC (elevation sea level, to make it even easier) is 1100 feet, visibility not an issue in this everyday scenario.

IFR flight on final approach track of NDB approach straight to the runway, 3nm from the threshold, 1300 feet up. In cloud, hence in IMC!

VFR flight in the circuit, about to turn final, 800 feet up, i.e. below the cloud base, hence in VMC! Legal!!!

If VFR is not talking, and IFR is faster as in most scenarios, he'll flatten the VFR pilot seconds after breaking visual with no time to react. People dead!

Now which part of that don't you understand? Maybe you just need to look up the meaning of VMC and IMC, and what VFR and IFR means.

Take a good hard look at yourself and make some changes, otherwise you could rid the gene pool of your contribution prematurely and possibly take innocent souls with you

Again, get some decent training, and post your intentions here should you ever fly Down Under, I'm sure some people will change their plans for that day and stay on the ground.

Whoever signed you off for a pilot's license should get their testing approval pulled

Last edited by PlankBlender; 9th Oct 2008 at 05:47. Reason: bolding and title