PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAA and IFR sharing Class G
View Single Post
Old 9th Oct 2008, 05:07
xinhua2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Horatio Leafblower, I am well acquainted with IFR Twins, their performance and limitations. One could suggest they are as much a pest to Jet RPT near their environs. I feel there is more of a problem with ‘working IFR pilots’ to all VFR traffic and the bagging of RAA is convenient.

The proportion (%), of idiots is probably static over the entire GA spectrum. The RAA segment of GA is growing which, I would suggest shows a false summary.

We are all responsible for risk limitation. You as an ex RAA CFI has a unique opportunity to make changes by addressing the organization responsible for “this element’ and may I suggest you do so with a non confrontational précis that you could possibly share with us.

PlankBlender, Yes I am.

If it is IMC there is no VFR traffic. Scud running is usually synonymous with low cloud high terrain below IFR LSA. IFR pilots sometimes overestimate their abilities also. How many do you know that have gone below decision height? And don’t tell me that doesn’t happen, history is crammed with examples.

BrokenConrod, More elitist crap.

If Rastus in his Fudpucker 200 is radio equipped he is obliged to use it in a CTAF environment. Same goes for transponders. BTW, most Fudpuckers fly 500ft circuits.

Are all your approaches instrument letdowns?

Jabawocky, I think you are beginning to understand my involvement in this thread. If someone is going to moan about VFR in class G airspace, let them consider the whole spectrum, not simply pick a soft recreational non professional target. I have seen some real clowns in my long career and they include the professional sector. If RAA need a shakeup, tell them of your concerns, after all they are increasing in numbers and we all share the same sky.

Last edited by xinhua2; 9th Oct 2008 at 05:19.