PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAA and IFR sharing Class G
View Single Post
Old 9th Oct 2008, 04:44
Jabawocky

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So Sunfish....what was the Bugger thread all about mate? We are busting to know!

Jabawocky.

Are you advocating it's best not to call at all in case you get confused. If you had two bad experiences at Bundy and Inglewood where the pilot was lost or something, why don't you do something about it. Such action may save their lives as well don't you think.
xinhua2

Possibly better than not making a really bad one. Hard to say. As for ILW & BUD they are just two that spring to mind, Watts Bridge the other day with a VH registered Europa doing a missed approach against the traffic flow (and a 10knot down wind) when making the calls for the correct runway, and then flying straight towards 3 other aircraft in the circuit head on and making a teardrop return to land . Silly old fart! Now had I been able to find him I would have been offering a polite explanation as to why what he was doing was so dangerous.

As for the speaking to those concerned at ILW and BUD if I could have found them and if I did it would be a frank but polite discussion, with education not humiliation the aim. problem is these folk I think must know they have been lacking airmanship and seem to hide quite quickly. And a proper BFR would help.

I do a renewal every year..... and I fly a lot, probably up to 5 times but more likely 3 times the average for PPL's, yet I still do this to be as professional as I can be. Its a pity the 20 -30 hour a year RAA & PPL folk do not do the same.

J

PS.... And if the confused VFR guy is not sure of his location and he heard an IFR arrival he would be wise to start up a dialogue where the VFR guy just made sure he was well out of the way until the IFR guy was visual. This is not too much to expect, I do it even in VMC for any RPT Jets and T/props just so they know that my paint in their TCAS can be relied upon to stay 3-5 miles south or whatever until they are on short finals or landed. Manners and airmanship......its not Rocket Science.