PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VA - no more pilot group, we want pilots and CC together
Old 8th Oct 2008, 10:41
boardingpass

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wobbleplank, bowly, et al, I haven't missed the point at all. I agree with you that CC and Pilots shouldn't be voting together on T&C. We are a different kettle of fish altogether.

All I was saying was that it would be better you promoted the work pilots do, rather than belittling the work cc do. We get enough belittling from pax and management as it is, and your support would be much appreciated.

As for the ruffling of feathers I caused about replacing pilots with computers... this is certainly not an opinion of mine and am by no means suggesting it should be done if it even could be. I was merely pointing out there are some people (pax/managers) who think that way.

On a side note, there might be certain areas where cc/pilot joint action may be useful, such as fatigue, OHS standards, minimum rest, etc, but generally I would say this scheme would benefit the company more than anyone else...

P.S. I know Qantas has been having problems lately, but no ewes, please. We're not Air New Zealand.