PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEWQUAY
Thread: NEWQUAY
View Single Post
Old 7th Oct 2008, 17:25
Cloud1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think it unfair to criticise Flybe in this way because they are one of few airlines that actually make commercially sensible decisions. If passengers are not booking to fly they will not operate.

The only people to blame for Flybe's decision to pull routes is the people who are suppose to use them, in other words the public. I do not see Flybe pulling routes where they have sufficient numbers using their services.

Flybe are not trying to pull WOW off any routes - they only competed with WOW on the Glasgow service. SOU was pulled because no-one booked and BHX was pulled for the same. BHD and EDI have always been summer only like many other Flybe services such as Exeter to Inverness (although I think EDI operated at reduced frequency last winter - I am not sure) GLA was pulled as a temporary measure in view of the cost of fuel however this was the only route that was directly affected by fuel.

GVA was fairly succesful last year but a scheduled airline cannot rely on charter companies and therefore this has been pulled. Again if people want these routes they have to use them!