PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Growing Evidence That The Upturn Is Upon Us
Old 6th Oct 2008, 10:59
ChrisLKKB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
One draw back with the internet is that it seems to have replaced those previously mentioned guys who walked up and down the high street with a sandwich board saying the end of the world is nigh at times of financial uncertainty, they brightened up what was otherwise a rather gloomy situation...they seem to have multiplied too

I've just made a rather cheeky phone call to a large investment company to see if I can get anymore information of the back of this article Anthony Bolton: Why now's the time to buy - Telegraph and other similar ones to see if I can figure out where I can invest some money which was previously in premium bonds. I'm not normally a gambling person but as we keeping getting told this is the end of civilisation as we know it i'm going to give it a try.

Some of my questions were as follows, will RBS still be here in 20 years time ? Most probably yes. I am aware they do have problems but are they being excessively battered by low confidence levels ? Yes, looking back in 5 or 6 years time we'll probably be thinking that £1.60 was very cheap for RBS shares. What would your prefered banks be ? We prefer banks with more exposure to the Asian markets like HSBC. Are they undervalued? Yes.

So after reading Anthony Boltons article i'm going to put a few pence on RBS and a few more on HSBC on the basis that I wont gamble anymore that i'm prepared to loose, besides in 5 years time they aren't going to do any worse that my premium bonds .....now what about the mining sector ?

Last edited by ChrisLKKB; 6th Oct 2008 at 11:14.