PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Piaggio Avante...!!??
View Single Post
Old 5th Oct 2008, 18:08
Lookforshooter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guppy...oil goes to the governer to make the props move...that oil get's to go back to the engine in a return line...that was the line that failed at an O ring junction between two lines. ...and like all Turboprops...should one of those o rings between lines fail, it dumps all the engine oil. So your sarcasm, idiocy, thread hijacking aside...I mearly meant to point out jets, not having props, ...no governer issues, no oil line issues, no blades getting slung or out of balance...no ice to accumulate, ect ect...have some safety advantages over turboprops. Since I have personaly bought, maintained, and flew both jets and turboprops extensively...fuel burns aside...spending $4 mil on a jet vs $4 mil on a turboprop is an easy choice. Since jets climb faster then turboprops, jets don't accumulate ice as easily, and can generaly get over bad weather, and fly above it...limiting exposure to turbulance, ice, lightning, hail, ect ect. Personaly for a corporate gig, once the turboprop hit's $2 mil, I think it's silly to not consider a jet.