PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Astraeus recruitment policy
View Single Post
Old 5th Oct 2008, 16:01
Rainboe
Warning Toxic!
Disgusted of Tunbridge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I didn't realise trying to answer a query would enmesh one in the internal politics of another company. I don't understand how it is expected that command slots in one company should be taken by a different company. It is obviously out of my area of competence! I shall remove my posts. It is profoundly nothing to do with me anyway- I thought the point of the thread was about XL pilots- it appears I picked up the wrong end of a very murky stick! 'Nothing to do with me Guv'nor!'

However, a short pause for thought leads one to this: BMI is operating a full schedule with all the BMI and BMED planes. In addition, another company is operating some services unable to be adequately operating by Airbus, but BMI is still operating its full schedule with its own crews. Were a matching number of BMI airframes grounded or disposed of to allow another company to op some routes on behalf of BMI, then I could see the point, but BMI is operating a full program of its own plus another company operating extra services. How does this lead to command slots in the other company being taken by BMI pilots? If the other company were to not operate those services, the actual sphere of BMI would be smaller. What about pilots flying for the other company? It's not as clear cut as one would think.

If you think a Scope agreement is cast-iron, ask BA pilots about the strength of it.

Last edited by Rainboe; 5th Oct 2008 at 20:29.