PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Forced unpaid leave at ryanair
View Single Post
Old 4th Oct 2008, 19:46
the grim repa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
all due respect cock,but you are living in cloud cuckoo land.i am amazed at your naivety.i can tell you now for a fact that the majority of the scandinavian pilots who joined ryanair have left the company and i can pm you their names,should you need education on that count also.the reason being in my experience that they were astute pilots and respectful people who shared a view of the common good.which makes your stance even more alien to how i know the majority of scandinavian pilots.

"those days are gone",maybe you can remind me of what actually took place in those days.i have been in ryanair over 12 years now and with all the positivity in the world old bean,i think you are in denial,just joined,just got command or are a bullshooter!

mathematics i learned at school tells me that if,you make x amount per hour for 900 hours sector pay,and work for 10 months salary you earn less than if you earn 900 hours sector pay and work for 12 months salary.but you may very well be a contractor and not give a hoot if permanent pilots are given unpaid leave to accomodate your continued self betterment.

the glorious days of aviation/those terms and conditions do not exist anymore,symptomatic of many working in ryanair is the phenomenon whereby the individuals self worth deteriorates and they even begin to believe that what management does and the way they are treated is normal.it is not,and in time you will well understand that.

i have no problem with positivity/live and let live.However i will not stand idly by and let my future/prospects/career be rode roughshod over by some mega millionaire egomaniac.but you know all this in the back of your mind and that is why you come on here with half arsed naive attempt to justify a management who has over 2 billion in the bank,who up until this year was making a half a billion after tax profit per year and look to be one of the only companies who will make any profit this year,whose ceo choose not to hedge fuel at 70 to 80 dollars per barrel,waited for oil to peak and then hedged at the mid 120 dollars per barrel and who is not hedged from december 31st this year.some would say you are very understanding,i would call it otherwise.

thanks for the regards though.i believe it is important to maintain our respect for each other despite fr managements best efforts to demean us.good luck to you and when the truth hits you,i hope you can roll with it.