PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Forced unpaid leave at ryanair
View Single Post
Old 4th Oct 2008, 19:20
UK Viking

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
900 Hours ?

Grim, I don't know which Ryanair you work for ? Those days are gone, most pilots do just about a little more than 800 hours and since Ryanair introduced the 5/4 roster they also are making an effort to do an average to every month of the year, long time since I have heard of anyone being laid off for a month or two in the winter. If any Ryanair pilot should reach the 900 hours, the pay would still be the same, and you certainly need the months off anyway. Myself, I am doing at the most about 600 hours a year for the time being, that affects on the other hand my sector pay so no matter what situation you might be in, you can always find something that doesn't work exactly as you want it to. Nobody has been forced to join Ryanair, I choosed them because the majority if not all of my former colleges from Scandinavia who joined Ryanair in the last few years, was speaking very well for the company. The terms and condition you are expecting doesn't exist anymore, I even do believe you are to young to ever have experienced those glorious days of aviation ? Be a little more positive and the world would probably not be so mean to you.

Rgds UK Viking